– Call for Abstracts –
IWRA Online Conference
Addressing Groundwater Resilience under Climate Change
29-30 October 2020
New Deadline: Friday, July 31th, 2020
The Association is pleased to inform you about the extension of the deadline for its call for submission of abstracts for IWRA’s Online Conference on “Addressing Groundwater Resilience under Climate Change”, to be held from 29-30 October 2020.
If you have not already done so, you are cordially invited to send your proposals for oral presentations now by Friday, July 31th, 2020!
Currently, climate change has become an undeniable major pressure on the world’s freshwater resources. Yet, the effects of climate change on groundwater, the most significant freshwater resource on Earth, are still poorly understood. Somewhat neglected by policymakers and ignored by the public, groundwater management, governance and monitoring are less developed compared to surface water, globally. More up-to-date research and knowledge generation and sharing, as well as more efforts to raise awareness of the links between groundwater and climate change are also critical to ensure the sustainable management of this vital resource.
IWRA’s Online Conference (29 – 30 October 2020) will address these challenges and priorities in order to manage resiliently groundwater resources under climate change. The conference’s main goal is to, ultimately, promote the sharing and exchange of state-of-the-art scientific and policy knowledge on the links between an increased resilience of groundwater resources and climate change for the sustainable governance, use and management of these resources in all regions of the world.
This new innovative IWRA event has the overarching theme of “Addressing Groundwater Resilience under Climate Change” with five different themes, which you can discover below and on the detailed description of the themes online.
Call for Abstracts
We are welcoming experts from all backgrounds, i.e. academics, water professionals, private sector practitioners and civil society stakeholders, who wish to present their work in the indicated theme and related sub-themes at the online conference, to submit an abstract. Please bear in mind the following:
- Abstracts should clearly describe the research objectives, methods, findings and relevance in a maximum of 400 words, in English (with no graphs, references, or citations)
- Authors must use the official template and cover the abstract sections detailed in the template. Only word documents (.doc and .docx) will be accepted
- When indicating the theme of your preference for your abstract, choose one below and submit it to: email@example.com
|Theme 1: Groundwater Natural Resources Assessment under Climate Change|
|Theme 2: Climate Change Effects on Groundwater Resilience – Pollution and Remediation|
|Theme 3: Contribution of Technology to Groundwater Resilience|
|Theme 4: Groundwater Governance, Management and Policy|
|Theme 5: Groundwater Education and Capacity Building|
- On the basis of the submitted abstracts, a review will be undertaken to select the best papers for presentation. Selection criteria include technical quality, relevance to the conference themes and significant content
- The International Scientific Committee will evaluate the abstracts and give the acceptance notification by August 31st 2020
- Important: At least one author of each selected paper must register and attend the online conference to present their work
- Each participant can submit up to two abstracts as presenting author (no limitation as co-author)
- Selected authors will be asked to prepare and submit a short PPT presentation two weeks before the start of the conference.
In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.iwraonlineconference.org
We look forward to receiving your submissions!