IWRA ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) is looking for an administration officer to support the efficient running of its Executive Office. This person would report to the Executive Director and also support other team members, as well as work with members of the Executive Board and the International Scientific Committee (ISC) for the World Water Congress. While the Executive Office is based in Paris, IWRA is working increasingly on a remote basis, so flexible working arrangements can be considered.
The IWRA is an international membership-based association. It is a network of multidisciplinary experts who are concerned with the sustainable use and management of the world’s water resources. It is a non-profit, non-governmental, knowledge-sharing organisation established in 1971 with the main aim to improve and expand the understanding of international water issues across disciplines. It works with numerous international and UN partners. It publishes as academic journal and holds the World Water Congress every 2-3 years. For more information about IWRA, its vision, purpose and activities, please consult: www.iwra.org.
While the IWRA is registered in Wisconsin, USA, its Executive Office has been hosted since the beginning of 2016 by the Seine-Normandy Water Agency in Nanterre, Paris.
The principal tasks to be undertaken by the Administration Officer are listed below, but these may vary and some other ad hoc administrative activities may be required from time to time.
- Administrative support to the IWRA Executive Office, including management of the office email inbox, coordination with IWRA’s accounting firm to ensure timely monthly bookkeeping, and setting up face-to-face and teleconference meetings.
- Administrative support to the IWRA Executive Board and Committees, setting up meetings and taking minutes.
- Administrative support to the committees managing the content development for the upcoming XVII World Water Congress taking from May 11-15, 2020, in South Korea (www.worldwatercongress.com). This includes administrative and logistical support to the International Scientific Committee and its Chairperson based in Victoria, Australia, as well as Korean co-hosts based in Korea (e.g. managing the Congress email inbox, setting up conference calls and taking minutes).
- Fluent level in written and spoken English
- Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in basic bookkeeping
- Proven ability to work in a team, as well as independently
- Proven ability to work with people from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
- Attention to detail, use of initiative and critical thinking
- Capacity to work on different issues at the same time
- Experience in event organisation
- Good level of French and/or Korean would be valuable
- University degree
- Some understanding of water resource management, environmental policy or political science
- Experience working in the political/human science sectors or in international relations
12 months, open to renewal.
Payment and work conditions:
2,200 € / month (net) on a consultancy basis.
Place of work: A desk is available at the Executive Office of IWRA located at l’Agence de l’Eau Seine-Normandie, in Nanterre, Paris, France. Remote working arrangements would be considered.
Please send your curriculum vitae and letter of motivation no later than April 30th to:
Mr. Callum Clench
IWRA Executive Director
No positions available at this stage. Please check later for professional opportunities with the Association.
No scholarships available at this stage. Please check later for related opportunities.
Jobs vacancies and internships opportunities from our members and partners
IWRA members and partners are invited to submit their job vancancies and internship opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org. These will be published by the IWRA Executive Office.
Note: The information published on this page is provided by members and partners of IWRA and IWRA is not responsible for the information being shared in these links.