UNESCO-IWRA Online Conference - Save the date!
IWRA, in partnership with UNESCO-IHP, is pleased to inform you that the UNESCO-IWRA Online Conference, the 3rd in the IWRA Online Conference Series, will take place between 17 – 19 January 2023.
With the theme, Emerging Pollutants: Protecting Water Quality for the Health of People and the Environment, the UNESCO-IWRA Online Conference will highlight how the world can advance knowledge, research, and solutions for managing emerging pollutants to improve and protect water quality in a changing world.
The main objectives of the conference are to:
● Explore the relations between water and emerging pollutants, considering technical and policy solutions, bearing in mind the increasing demand for water resources and the impacts of global climatic and demographic changes.
● Determine the appropriate water policies and technologies to motivate change in water management, business, and policy priorities to address emerging pollutants.
● Highlight the bold policy and institutional changes needed to support the transformation to ensure better and more reliable water quality.
● Showcase successful efforts of innovative, nature-positive, and technological solutions for improved water quality.
● Examine the life cycle management of emerging pollutants to find solutions not only at the end-of-pipe but also solutions based on a circular economy approach and working with industry, regulators, and local communities (including under-represented groups)
Important note: The call for abstracts will be launched soon. We encourage participation by experts from Africa, low-income countries, women, and youth. This conference will have a special submission category for young water professionals.
Thanks to UNESCO’s support, participation is free for all, and all conference-related materials will be open access.
We invite you to visit: www.iwraonlineconference.org for the latest information about the conference.