- This event has passed.
UNESCO-IWRA Online Conference
January 17 @ 8:00 am - January 19 @ 8:00 pm
The main objectives of the conference are to:
● Explore the relations between water and emerging pollutants, considering technical and policy solutions, bearing in mind the increasing demand for water resources and the impacts of global climatic and demographic changes.
● Determine the appropriate water policies and technologies to motivate change in water management, business, and policy priorities to address emerging pollutants.
● Highlight the bold policy and institutional changes needed to support the transformation to ensure better and more reliable water quality.
● Showcase successful efforts of innovative, nature-positive, and technological solutions for improved water quality.
● Examine the life cycle management of emerging pollutants to find solutions not only at the end-of-pipe but also solutions based on a circular economy approach and working with industry, regulators, and local communities (including under-represented groups)