- This event has passed.
IWRA Webinar on Agricultural Water Reuse Challenges and Opportunities
16th December 2020 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
IWRA is hosting a third webinar focused on Water Reuse in a Circular Economy. The theme of this webinar will be agricultural water reuse – challenges and opportunities. Agriculture is one of the largest global water users and water reuse will play an increasingly important role in secure food supplies. This webinar will help the audience to better understand potential reuse sources and challenges associated with water reuse in agriculture.
This webinar will feature presentations by authors of three studies that will be documented in the second issue of the i-WSSM UNESCO Global Water Security Issues series. Presentations will cover case studies in arid regions, including irrigation with reclaimed water, marginal water resource use and best practices for wastewater reuse.
Participation is free and open to all. Audience questions are encouraged.
To register please visit: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3323745994004595980
- Spain: SWOT analysis of reclaimed water use for irrigation in Southern Spain
- Marginal Water Resources for Food Production: Challenges for enhancing De-growth and circular economy in the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries and Iran
- Wastewater Treatment and Reuse Best Practices in Morocco: Targeting circular economy
List of Panellists
- Mohammad Al-Saidi, Professor, Center for Sustainable Development, Qatar University
- Faissal Aziz, Assistant Professor, Cadi Ayyad University, Morocco
- Seo Hyung Choi, Programme Specialist, UNESCO i-WSSM, Korea
- Alfonso Expósito García, Professor, University of Seville, Spain
- Alexandros Makarigakis, Programme Specialist, UNESCO, France
Moderated by: Mary Trudeau, Project Officer, IWRA
Presented by: Scott McKenzie, PhD Candidate, University of British Columbia
IWRA Webinars constitute an additional resource designed to help our members, academics, dedicated practitioners, and policy professionals further explore these and other timely themes engaging in fruitful discussions, also aligned with the international water agenda and in close collaboration with key partners.