- This event has passed.
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE – Water Security: New Technologies, Strategies, Policies and Institutions
September 16 - September 18
Water security is becoming increasingly important for food security, conflict mitigation, and economic development. An international conference on this topic, focusing on east and southeast Asia, as well as global perspectives, will be convened in Beijing in September 2019, cosponsored by the American Water Resources Association (AWRA) and the Center for Water Resources Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). They will address the following aspects of water security and how it can be achieved:
- Application of new technologies such as remote sensing, big data and artificial intelligence;
- Development of strategies, policies, and institutional reforms; and
- Enhancement of resilience under changing climate, population growth and urbanization.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
Adequate and reliable water resources are essential to securing food supplies, preventing conflicts, supporting human well-being, and promoting sustainable development. You will hear:
- new findings and approaches to capturing the dynamic and constantly evolving dimensions of water and water related issues using new technologies;
- share real-world experiences (case studies and practical solutions) demonstrating enhancement of resilience under changing climate, growing population and urbanization;
- present management strategies, policies and institutional guidelines to address water security and governance issues: sustainable access to adequate quantities of and acceptable quality water; and
- promote communications among scientists, managers, engineers, social scientists, stakeholders, and policy- and decision-makers on water security challenges and solutions.
CONFERENCE TOPICS AND SPECIAL SESSIONS
- Water Security
- Water Resources Management Strategies, Policies and Institutions
- New Technology and Approach
- Watershed & Environmental Protection and Management
- Young professionals/student engagement
- Public perception /Education
- One belt and one road session: water security