46th IAH Congress: Groundwater management and governance – coping with water scarcity
September 22 - September 27
Groundwater management and governance – water scarcity. The IAH Spanish Chapter (IAH-GE) and the Center of Hydrogeology of the University of Malaga (CEHIUMA) are honored to host and invite you to the 46th IAH Congress in Malaga, Spain in 2019.
Studies on groundwater sustainability show that aquifers across the world are undergoing severe and unsustainable groundwater depletion. The Mediterranean is likely to be one of the most endangered regions, with climatic models also predicting that there will be severe drought events and significant reduction of water availability. Appropriate management and governance of water resources are needed to adapt to such critical scenarios and cope with their consequences. The conference will examine this under 8 topics:
• Groundwater management and governance
• Groundwater and climate change
• Groundwater sustainability
• Groundwater footprint and virtual water
• Tools, methods and models to study groundwater
• Groundwater, wetlands and natural heritage
• Groundwater and socio-economic development in Latin America
• Groundwater quality and pollution processes
– Abstract submission by 19 March 2019
– Early bird registration fees available before 30 June 2019.