IWRA is a non-profit, non-governmental, international membership-based Association established in 1971. Its mission is to use events, projects, publications, and research to facilitate and inspire dialogue, knowledge sharing, and science-based solutions at the interface between science and policy for the sustainable management of water resources across all sectors, scales, and communities. For more information, consult our website at www.iwra.org.
IWRA hosts numerous events, including but not limited to the World Water Congress, Regional Water Congresses, Online Conferences, Webinars, Master Classes, workshops, etc. With this growing portfolio the Association is seeking a new Events Officer to project manage these important activities. This includes directly managing 2 webinar officers and coordinating large groups of external stakeholders, working together to deliver these events. The role requires strong multitasking and administrative experience, with excellent focus to detail.
We are currently seeking an experienced events consultant to support the work of the Executive Office, to help the association deliver its expanding portfolio of face-to-face, hybrid and on-line events. Working in a small dynamic international team, this person will report directly to the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director. Candidates should be self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, have capacity to work both independently and collaboratively, and be solution oriented.
This person will be responsible for managing all IWRA’s face-to-face and on-line events, including:
- Coordination of all IWRA online and on-site events, including stakeholder management and administrative activities in close collaboration with the Executive and Deputy Executive Directors, and Communications Director.
- Coordination of the events calendar with the communications calendar, in collaboration with the Executive Board, Task Forces, Working Groups, Geographic Chapters, and key partners.
- Organisation of and support to International Scientific Committees (ISCs), and working with local hosts, to ensure oversight of abstract and proposal submission processes across all events, and event programme development.
- Management of our small team of part-time webinar officers
- Overseeing delegate management and follow-up with all stakeholders, including managing event speakers and attendees, rapporteurs, and World Water Envoys; providing briefings and logistical support as required.
- Managing reporting to the Executive Board and ISCs for meetings and events, including minutes, summaries, action logs, etc.
- Capturing specific and general outcomes/outputs from events, and package them into reports to be shared on IWRA’s website, social media channels, etc.
- Working with Senior Executive Office and Board members to design, implement and monitor IWRA’s events strategy, including the identification of future hosts for the World Water Congresses and Regional Water Congresses, as well as sponsors for all events.
- Working with the Digital Media Officer to select the best digital platforms for on-line events, such as master classes, webinars, etc.
- 5 years project or events management experience
- Demonstrable experience in planning, organising, and hosting international and high-level face-to-face and online events, including content development and strategic process planning
- Excellent people management skills, including an ability to coordinate large groups of people in a multi-cultural environment across multiple time zones
- Expert knowledge of Zoom or other online meeting/events platforms
- Proven ability to identify new hosts and/or sponsors for events
- Fluent level in written and spoken English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Competent using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft packages
- Ability to work remotely using your own initiative, on different issues at the same time, and to strict deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally at least once a year
- A working knowledge of French/Spanish or other official UN languages
- Knowledge of the water sector (political sciences or hard sciences)
- An understanding of event marketing/communications
- Creative skills and an eye for good design
12 months, open to renewal.
Payment and work conditions:
3,200 € / month (gross) on a consultancy basis (approx. 35 hours per week)
IWRA operates on a remote working model. IWRA also offers the option of a physical workspace, if desired, at its offices located in the International River Basin Organisation premises in Paris, France.
Please send your CV and a one-page letter of motivation addressed to Mr. Callum Clench, IWRA Executive Director, at email@example.com by 23-12-2022.