World Water Day 2023 - "Water for People and Cooperation Partnership"
March 20 - 14:00 (CET)
Since 1993, the United Nations (UN) celebrates World Water Day every year on March 22nd. It is a special occasion to highlight the fundamental importance of water resources and their sustainable use around the globe. This year’s dedicated theme “Water for people and cooperation partnership” is about accelerating change to solve the water and sanitation crisis in the world. Through a series of events, the UN seeks to engage hundreds of thousands of people, among decision-makers, scientists, practitioners, and civil society to find joint solutions to one of the most world´s crucial problems for sustainable development.
Since 2017, the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) celebrates World Water Day with a series of activities that seek to raise awareness on the use of water resources, and its sustainable management, in all regions of the world, including Africa, Asia, Europe, the MENA region and the Americas. In line with that, this year, IWRA is organising a dedicated webinar on Monday, March 20th, 2023 that seeks to bring together scientists, practitioners, experts, professionals, organisations and institutions to discuss and share their stories, best practices, findings and much more, to connect people and build cooperation partnerships through the world’s most precious and unique resource for all: water.
- 4 times more impact
- Bridging the skills gap in an evolving water job market
- Partnerships for Improved Water Governance: 6 Ingredients for Success
- Bassel Daher – Assistant Research Scientist, Texas A&M Insitute; Chair, Membership Committee, IWRA
- Danielle Gaillard-Picher – Senior Advisor, International Process and Policy, Stockholm International Water Institute
- Laurent-Charles Tremblay-Lévesque – IWRM and Knowledge Management Specialist, Global Water Partnership
- Rewa Assi – Postgraduate Student, Water and Sustainable Development, IHE Delft; Chair, ECYP Task-Force, IWRA
Moderated by: Lesha Witmer, Advocacy Lead, Steering Committee Women for Water Partnership (WfWP); Vice-President, IWRA
Presented by: Arturo Salazar, Webinar Officer, IWRA
We look forward to your participation!
IWRA Webinars constitute an additional resource designed to help our members, academics, dedicated practitioners, and policy professionals further explore these and other timely themes engaging in fruitful discussions, also aligned with the international water agenda and in close collaboration with key partners.