IWRA is glad to inform about the deadline extension to submit Letters of Expression of Interest to host the next XVIII World Water Congress now until Tuesday, April 30th!
The World Water Congress is a well-established and globally recognised event in the water sector that is held every two to three years under the auspices of IWRA in different cities around the world. Its objective is to provide a meeting place to share experiences, promote discussion, and present new knowledge, research results and developments in the fields of water sciences and policy from around the world. For nearly half a century, World Water Congresses have been at the vanguard of the development and identification of major global themes concerning the water agenda, while at the same time bringing together large cross-sections of up to 2,000 stakeholders who are engaged in the formulation and implementation of decisions in the water sector.
Benefits of hosting the XVIII World Water Congress
· Leadership: Generates high international focus on the host city and country regarding water resources – in particular for researchers, universities, think tanks, decision-makers, water authorities, private companies and non-government organisations.
· Collaboration: Helps to build synergy within the local and national water community that facilitates cooperation, fosters a constructive dynamic, and opens new opportunities in the water sector.
· Reputation: Promotes local and national water expertise on a global scale while providing a platform to contribute to international scientific and policy debates about key water issues.
· Revenue: Provides economic and tourist benefits for the city through the presence of up to 2,000 Congress participants.
· Profile: Promotes the city and country at the international level, underlining their capacities, research excellence, policy relevance and ability to contribute the global water sector.
· Reputation: Showcases the host city and country as dedicated stakeholders in the water community, as a suitable host for international conferences and as a tourist destination.
· Expertise: Enhances local and national knowledge by attracting as speakers and award recipients numerous high-level experts, well-known politicians, national delegates to major global institutions, and heads of large international organisations
· Networking: Provides excellent opportunities for networking with the international water community.
The Detailed Terms of Reference explaining the process for selecting the host for IWRA’s XVIII World Water Congress, describing the various roles and responsibilities as well as the application process is now available by clicking here.
Expressions of Interest should be addressed to the President of the IWRA and emailed no later than 30th April 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org.