It is our pleasure to confirm that the XVII World Water Congress will be held in a hybrid format between 29 November and 3 December 2021 in Daegu, Republic of Korea. Specific details on virtual participant registration will be published on the Congress website in the coming weeks. Speakers, oral/poster presenters, and special session coordinators not based in Korea will be contacted directly with instructions on how they may participate virtually. Learn more here.
- Virtual Participants for international participants: Registration ends 3rd December 2021.
The main theme of this Congress will be “Foundations for Global Water Security and Resilience: Knowledge, Technology and Policy“, with sub-themes on:
- Building resilient systems for climate change, growing populations and epidemics
- Maximising social, cultural and economic benefits
- Adopting smart technologies, policies and processes
- Securing healthy waters, catchments and ecosystems
- Implementing pathways for development and cooperation