The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) and UNESCO’s Intergovernmental Hydrological Programme (IHP), were pleased to invite abstract submissions for the UNESCO-IWRA Online Conference on “Emerging Pollutants: Protecting Water Quality for the Health of People and the Environment”. The call for abstracts ended 21 October 2022.
The Online Conference will highlight the ways the world can advance knowledge, research, and solutions for managing emerging pollutants to improve and protect water quality in a changing world.
Call for Abstracts
Participants from all backgrounds (i.e., academics, water professionals, private sector practitioners, and civil society stakeholders) who wish to present their work on the indicated theme and related sub-themes of the conference were invited to submit an abstract. We especially encouraged participation by participants from developing countries, women, underrepresented groups, and youth. This conference will have options to present in online oral and poster formats and will include a special submission category for young water professionals.
Abstract Submission requirements included:
- Abstracts should address one of the sub-themes of the conference through a scientific or policy relevant research, or a case-study, or a best practice.
- Abstracts should clearly describe the research objectives, methods, findings, and its policy relevance in a maximum of 400 words, in English (with no graphs, references, or citations)
- Authors must use the official template provide information for all sections in the abstract submission template. Only word documents (.doc and .docx) will be accepted.
- When submitting your abstract, you will be required to select one of the five conference themes within which your abstract topic must fit.
- Submit your completed template to email@example.com by October 21st, 2022.