Approximately 400 Poster
Presentations have been chosen by the International Scientifi c Committee
for their quality and importance to global knowledge sharing. These represent the showpiece of the
Poster Sessions of the World Water Congress. One full day Poster Session will be organised at the
heart of the Congress over each of its four days.
POSTER FORMAT FOR PRESENTATION
The poster must be A0 in size (841
mm x 1189 mm) and in portrait /
PRACTICAL INFORMATION FOR POSTER
- Poster sessions will have a duration of one day.
- Presenters should accompany their poster during their session and are encouraged to bring fl yers for distribution to fellow congressists.
- Presentations must be made by one of the authors of the accepted paper.
- Disposable material will be provided by the Congress for putting up the posters (velcro, adhesive gum).
- Presenters are responsible for printing and bringing their own poster to the Congress. The Organising Committee will not be providing any printing services.
- Please do not send your poster to the Organising Secretariat - storage services will not be provided.
CONGRESS PROCEEDINGS – POSTER AND ARTICLE
In order to be published in the congress proceedings, all presenters must upload
their full poster to the website database. The fi nal submission date has been extended to 15 April 2008. So as to
make the most of the work and knowledge generated by the posters, we encourage all presenters
to complement their poster with a full written article that will also be published in the Congress Proceedings. These proceedings will be an official publication in electronic format, which will be distributed to all Congress participants. Presenters can submit their work by following the steps below:
- Visit the World Water Congress website at http://www.worldwatercongress2008.org
- Login with your username and password
- Click on “My abstracts”
- Click on “Upload or Update” for the corresponding accepted abstract.
POSTER AND ARTICLE FORMAT FOR PROCEEDINGS
- Posters and articles submitted online will be used to produce the Congress proceedings ONLY. Under no circumstances will the Organisers print or provide these electronic versions to participants during the Congress.
- All Posters must be in PDF or JPG format, with A0 dimensions and no larger than 5Mb.
- All articles should preferably be in PDF format or in exceptional cases MS Word may be accepted.They must be less than 10Mb and no longer than 15 pages.
- Articles must be written in singlespaced, with figures and tables included.
- Footnotes are not allowed. All material must be incorporated into the text.
- References should be double-spaced and in alphabetical order. Cite references in the text by author(s) and date; for example, White (1998) or (White, 1998). Do not use a numbering system with your references.
Neither the IWRA, the National Organising Committee nor the International Scientific Committee is responsible for statements and opinions in the publication.
The Congress Proceedings publishes original articles in English or French that have not been previously published elsewhere.