IWRA is glad to celebrate World Water Day again in 2018 with another dedicated webinar to take place on Thursday, March 22nd from 4pm to 5:30pm CET under this year’s theme on ‘Nature for Water’.
Participation is free and open to all. Audience questions are encouraged.
Please click this link to register to the webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5749601776286063619
World Water Day is celebrated every year on March 22nd. It is a day to focus attention on the key importance of our planet’s freshwater resources and to push for greater recognition of their sustainable management. Annually, its theme is proposed by UN-Water and is part of a broader campaign that highlights the complex role of water in our daily lives.
‘Nature for Water’ explores nature-based solutions for current water issues. From droughts to floods and personal water insecurity to region-wide water security tensions, this year’s theme is a call to understand and explore the role of nature in addressing and solving our water issues.
Webinar topics include:
- Natural Infrastructure for Water Management
- Water Stewardship in Private Sector
- Nature-Based Solutions to Basin-wide Concerns
- Multiple Benefits for Source Water Protection
- Nature-based Solutions, Water and Sustainable Agriculture
- Rebecca Welling, International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- Kari Vigerstol, The Nature Conservancy (TNC)
- David Coates, Independent Consultant, frm. Secretariat of the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Lucy Lee, World Wildlife Federation (WWF)
- Katharine Cross, International Water Association (IWA)
Moderator: Scott McKenzie, PhD Candidate, University of British Columbia
This webinar is presented by the International Water Resources Association. A recording and the powerpoints will be available at www.iwra.org/webinars. Each webinar features leading experts in the field, and are a synthesis of the critical facts and arguments needed to help the audience understand and discuss water policy. These webinars are designed to reach academics, dedicated practitioners, and policy professionals in a unique and informative way.