IWRA 2021 Master Classes
on Water Cooperation & Diplomacy
starting on Thursday, July 1st!
The International Water Resources Association (IWRA) in collaboration with the Universities Partnership for Water Cooperation and Diplomacy (UPWCD), are excited to launch a new online series of master classes on Water Cooperation & Diplomacy that will take place on the months of July, September and early October this year.
This series of ten weekly classes (see indicative programme here), will be held for two and half hours each, divided into:
- Public lectures: A 90-minute session, freely accessible and open to all; followed by,
- Skill-building workshops: Each session will run for 60 minutes, only for IWRA Gold and Silver members, as well as UPWCD students and members. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis, as limited places are available.
Confirmed dates and times:
- Every Thursday of July, starting on July 1st until July 29th
- Every Thursday of September, starting on September 2nd until September 30th except for Thursday, September 16th, which is a religious holiday
- First Thursday of October, this is on October 7th
Register for the master classes open lectures starting on Thursday, July 1st, by clicking here or below on the banner.
If you are an IWRA Gold or Silver member, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the first workshop. If you are an UPWCD member or student of an UPWCD member, register by sending an email to email@example.com at the latest 72 hours before the start of the first workshop. Only a limited number of places are available!
Water Diplomacy refers to all positive interactions among actors concerned with the management of shared water resources that aim to achieve peaceful and sound management of such resources. While practicing water diplomacy, such actors try to influence each other’s opinions, perceptions of facts, positions and interests to negotiate towards a mutually accepted solution concerning shared resources.
This series of Master Classes will address the above issues, and help develop skills relevant to water diplomacy. Experts from around the world will participate and classes will be closely linked to each expert’s style and methodology, as well as to the distinct characteristics of each subject matter.
- The organisers of this event recognize that while all presentations will be live, the time difference between all regions of the world constitutes a main concern. Therefore, all recordings will be posted at www.iwra.org, as soon as they become available. All lectures and workshops will be held in English only.
- Certificates will be made available for IWRA & UPWCD members who attend each entire master class.
Become an IWRA member, if you are not one already, so you can engage fully on these and other upcoming events and, of course, enjoy all the usual benefits of IWRA membership!
In case of any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.iwra.org.