Road to Beijing: Pathways for Youth at the World Water Congress.
August 22, 2023 - 16:00 (CET)
Since 1973, IWRA has held a World Water Congress every three years in various locations around the world. The objective of the World Water Congress is to provide a meeting place to share experiences, promote discussion, and to present new knowledge, research results and new developments in the field of water sciences around the world. This year’s Congress will be taking place in Beijing, China with the theme ‘Water for All: Harmony between Humans and Nature.’
IWRA supports the advancement of knowledge and capacity of the next generation working in the water sector. A few ways IWRA supports young professionals is through its Early Career Young Professionals Task Force, Mentored Publishing Program, Water Drop Award, World Water Envoys, and World Water Congress Rapporteur Experience. At this year’s Congress, IWRA intends to see young professionals not only attend the Congress but to see them take home and implement new-found water knowledge into their communities and workplaces. In order to support this mission, IWRA hosted a webinar to ensure that young professionals are able to navigate specific events and opportunities that are tailored to their career development while at the World Water Congress.
- 2023 World Water Envoys
- 2022 World Water Envoys and Where They Are Now
- Youth-Led Sessions at the World Water Congress
- Activities of the IWRA Early Career Professionals Task Force
- Renee Martin-Nagle – Treasurer, IWRA
- Mary Trudeau – Project Officer, IWRA
- Kate Hawley – IWRA World Water Envoy 2023
- Oudi Kgomongwe – IWRA World Water Envoy 2023
- Son Tra Nguyen – IWRA World Water Envoy 2023
- Moemen Sobh – IWRA World Water Envoy 2023
- Pallavi Pokharel – IWRA World Water Envoy 2022
- Maria Almonte – IWRA World Water Envoy 2022
- Azriel Fariza – Chairman, Indonesian Green Action Forum
- Amrisha Pandey – Member, IWRA Early Career Task Force
Moderated by: Lindsey Blodgétt, Webinar Officer, IWRA
Webinar presentations and recording coming soon!
IWRA Webinars constitute an additional resource designed to help our members, academics, dedicated practitioners, and policy professionals further explore these and other timely themes engaging in fruitful discussions, also aligned with the international water agenda and in close collaboration with key partners.