The International Water Resources Association was pleased to inform you that the nomination period for candidates for the elections of IWRA’s next 2022-2024 Executive Board was open.
All IWRA members were invited to either nominate other members in good standing or self-nominate until Monday, June 14th, 2021.
To submit nominations they were requested to please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include this form by clicking here with the following information:
- Full name of the candidate
- Current affiliation (if any) of the proposed person
- Position being nominated for (see below)
- Country the candidate is from
- Preferred email for contact
- Other issues you deem appropriate
The positions available on the Board were:
- 1 member for President
- 3 members for Vice-Presidents
- 1 member for Secretary General
- 1 member for Treasurer (must be from the United States)
- 1 member for Membership Committee Chair
- 1 member for Awards Committee Chair
- 1 member for Scientific, Technical & Publications Committee Chair
- 10 members for Directors
According to IWRA Bylaws, the President and Vice-Presidents shall be from different geographical regions. Regarding the remaining members of the Executive Board, no more than three members from any one country can be elected at the same time. IWRA is actively working to improve its diversity not just geographically but also in terms of gender and age, and so welcomes nominations of women and young professionals.
For nominees to be accepted as candidates, they had to:
- Have paid their membership fees so their membership is valid before the end of the nomination period, and is valid for the October elections
- Be willing to serve if elected
- Run for only one position
- Not already have held that particular position for both the 2016-2018 and 2019-2021 Boards.
- Not hold a position in another organisation that could be considered incompatible
All Board members were required to participate in a minimum of two Board meetings each year, usually held by teleconference. They must also be willing to serve on committees and to actively help the Association identify new sources of funding through grants, projects, publications and events.
Please remember that Bronze members cannot run for Board positions and do not have voting rights, as their membership is free. If you would like to influence IWRA’s direction and contribute to its decision-making process, we invite you to consider joining as a Silver or Gold member.
The list of nominated candidates will be published in the Association newsletter, on IWRA’s website and social media channels in September this year. The online ballot to vote these candidates will be held in October 2021.
For more details on the rules and criteria for this election, please refer to the IWRA Bylaws.
In case of questions regarding the elections, please contact email@example.com.