The International Water Resources Association is pleased to inform, in case you missed it, that IWRA’s 2019 Activity Report is now available online.
Read this report by clicking here, and learn more on the Association’s key activities that took place in a very productive and fruitful 2019!
During this year, IWRA continued to engage and work actively with members, main partners and supporters in line with its mission, strategic directions and objectives in multiple ways. This included:
- Welcoming of a new, more gender-balanced Executive Board
- Developing of a new IWRA strategy for the short, medium and long-terms
- Setting up new committees on Budget & Finance, Congress & Events, and External & Public Relations
- Preparing activities for its XVII World Water Congress planned to take in Daegu, Republic of Korea, in September
- Launching of a new water security project with UNESCO’s International Centre for Water Security and Sustainable Management (i-WSSM)
- Setting up three new task forces on Water Security, Water and Climate Change, and IWRA’s 50th Anniversary Celebrations
- Expanding its Executive Office with a more diverse and enthusiastic team
- Presenting a more interactive, modern and secure IWRA website
- Improving functionalities and introducing new features to IWRA’s Community, the Association’s membership space
- Collaborating with main partners including the Office français de la biodiversité (OFB) – French Office for Biodiversity, Chinese and Korean ministries and institutions, World Water Council, OECD’s Water Governance Initiative, UNESCO-iWSSM, UN-Water, Asia Water Council, SIWI’s Source to Sea Platform, IAH, etc.
- Publishing of eight issues of its flagship journal Water International and five Policy Briefs, some of which were led by members
- Holding eight IWRA webinars on different yet timely water topics
- Promoting IWRA’s work and activities through media channels
- Participating in numerous international events, including the 9th World Water Forum preparatory meetings, the Korea International Water Week 2019, SIWI’s World Water Week, UN-Water meetings, OECD Water Governance Initiative meetings, UNESCO WWAP workshop, etc.
- Much more!
IWRA looks forward to continuing to work closely with its membership and the international water community, while supporting global development agendas for the sustainable use and management of the water resources in years to come.
Please contact the IWRA Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org in case of any related questions and/ or comments. For more info visit: www.iwra.org.
Enjoy your reading and share it around!